Heidelberg, May 9, 2017
Hamburg, May 10, 2017
Berlin, May 12/13, 2017
Heidelberg: EUR 550 (early bird until Feb 25), EUR 600 (regular)
Hamburg: EUR 550 (early bird until Feb 25), EUR 600 (regular)
Berlin: ca. EUR 1,500 or less (will depend on number of participants)
Pls. note that registration for Berlin will close in late Feb.
Registration NOW open!
Why come to Germany?
* Germany ranks 14th among all countries which send students to the U.S. and first among continental European countries.
* In spite of increased competition from other European countries, German students continue to be interested in U.S. study (ranked 5th), both on the undergraduate & graduate level.
* A significant number- one third of Germans studying in the U.S. each year - are interested in non-degree and semester or year programs. There is generous funding for short-term programs from various German sources for this. Internships in the U.S., often combined with study, are in high demand from German students.
*Since public undergraduate education and consecutive masters programs in Germany are basically free in public institutions, U.S. institutions should be prepared to offer information on financial aid and scholarships when recruiting in the German market.
* Many young Germans are interested – and qualified - for athletic scholarships in the U.S.
* German students are generally mature and have frequently travelled abroad. The average TOEFL score in Germany is 97.
About the fair cities & the locations:
The DAI or German-American Institute is the official host of the Heidelberg fair. The Institute is located in the center of this beautiful old city, at the heart of the densely populated Rhine-Neckar Triangle, an area of Germany that is attractive to academics and researchers, business people, and those in the IT and creative industries. The region also hosts a large expatriate community – due in part to the fact that Heidelberg was until very recently headquarters for US Army Europe, but also to the number of large local companies which seek skilled employees from abroad. Heidelberg University, the oldest university in Germany, is a major force on the German and international academic and scientific landscapes. With a total of ten higher education establishments, Heidelberg alone has a student population close to 40,000 students. There are also major university programs in nearby Mannheim, Karlsruhe, and Heilbronn.
Event will take place from 3-6 pm (TBC)
The Amerikazentrum Hamburg is the official host of the fair in Hamburg. The Amerikazentrum is located in a Richard Meier-designed building in Hamburg’s re-developed waterfront harbor district. The port in Hamburg, founded over a thousand years ago, turned the city into a center of trade and a gateway to Europe. Today, Hamburg, the second largest city in Germany, is one of the most dynamic international commercial centers in Europe with the one of the largest harbors in the world. Competence clusters connect universities and research institutes in a number of innovative segments. The estimated student population in the region is 90,000.
Event will take place from 4-7 pm (TBC)
EducationUSA will co-host a joint booth for U.S. institutions of higher education only at the highly regarded studyworld fair, a primary destination for secondary and undergraduate students interested in English language international programs. In 2017, attendance is once again expected to reach some 8,000 students. In addition, studyworld provides trade visitors with an ideal opportunity to strengthen and expand their international networks. Berlin is s home to 113 secondary schools leading to the Abitur, including several international schools and a leading center of science, academics, and research; and it is also one of Germany’s most popular university cities. Approximately 160,000 students are enrolled at 39 institutions of higher education. People, traditions and ideas from all over the world come together in Berlin, one of Germany’s most culturally diverse cities
Fair will be open both days from 10am - 6pm
We are looking forward to seeing you in May 2017!